Saturday, March 03, 2007

A strange dream about that town in Maryland.

This dream happened on February 19. The entire dream was about a trip I took to the same Maryland town that Angelo would have come from had he existed.

It started with me in my hotel room, where I was watching a news report on the town's local station. I don't remember what the report was about, but I sensed that it had to do with my situation regarding this town. I also remember seeing an open pack of unused light bulbs sitting somewhere in my room.

Sometime in the dream, I remember standing in a high-school classroom, and the students' desks were positioned around me in a circle. Around the desks, hovering above the students' heads, was a series of odd, yet colorful sculptures, which appeared to be made of a plastic-like material.

A later scene placed me among a croud of young adults, no older than me, gathered in a main street somewhere in the town. Everyone, including me, was passing around cans of Coke and drinking them after each other.

While I was in this crowd of people, I began having thoughts about two people having come from this town to Louisville back in 2002: one of them was Angelo, and the other was a woman I had never seen before...or so it may seem.

Much of the dream included this mystery woman's memories, told from her point of view, but seen through my eyes. Among these memories was one of the hotel at which I was staying (and no, it did not involve sex). These memories were somewhat vague, but still stuck out in my mind.

I do believe that this dream is prophetic in some way. It does not have the characteristics of a dream that expresses a hidden desire or a fear. It happens in an unknown sequence, but the way everything is situated is still logical and realistic--a good characteristic of a prophetic dream.

I'll start with the significance of the unused light bulbs. Obviously, the bulbs represent unused ideas, and the open carton suggests to me that while these ideas have not been used, they are at least being taken into consideration.

It is still unclear what message the classroom sculpture sends. Maybe it was mind jargon that simply bled into a spot in the dream which might still have a significant meaning.

I'm guessing that the classroom represented something learned or taught, and me standing in the middle perhaps meant that I may have something to "teach" to someone. Then again, it could just as easily be the other way around.

The crowd of young people passing the Coke around seems to represent union and togetherness in some way, shape, or form--perhaps some type or synergy. But I'm still not sure of what the exact message is.

Now on to the most significant element in this dream--the unknown woman. At first glance, one might conclude that she is personally involved with Angelo, perhaps a spouse. But that's not what I'm getting at all. (Besides, if she were his wife, or even his girlfriend, then why would she have me viewing her memories?) I believe her to be the same thing I suspect that Angelo may be--a new, unexplored aspect of myself. Maybe she and Angelo represent some type of spiritual duality.

If both of them are just aspects of who I am, and they "traveled to Louisville" five years ago in search of me, then why the trip to the town from which they came? Perhaps it is for the purpose of further exploring these newfound aspects, along with the new potential that they may have brought with them. Or maybe this town might still have more to do with me than I believe it does.

I'm still trying to figure the ins and outs of this mystery. I know that something's there. For the past five years, this town in Maryland has taken up considerable thinking space in my brain. I refuse to believe that something that has gone on this long has absolutely no meaning at all. I'll keep praying and I'll keep pushing until I figure it out.

No comments: