Saturday, June 23, 2007

The "Frozen" Dream (1998)

This was a dream I had back in high school. I call it the "Frozen" dream because throughout the dream, Madonna's "Frozen" was playing in the background.

I remember that the dream was brief and took place in the 1930s or 1940s. It involved the same guy whom I had taken extreme interest in at the time--the same one who was killed in the "mansion" dream the following year.

I remember that I was standing in the entryway of what appeared to be a den or living room watching other people in the room. My view of most of them was blurred, because my main focus was on my crush, who was in the middle of the room, dancing with a little girl who was about a year old. As I watched them dancing, I had a feeling that the little girl may have been my daughter with this guy.

To this day, I still have no idea what this dream could mean. And my dream journals from high school, if I had still had them with me, would have been of no help; until four years ago, I had never actually attempted to interpret my dreams and just wrote them down. I once had a theory about what the meaning might have been, but I cannot remember it off the top of my head.

I'll think about it again when I have the chance. I know that whatever it is, it had to do with high school and the unfortunate relationship between this guy and me. And once I do figure it out, perhaps it could bring me closure in my present life.

No comments: