Saturday, June 24, 2006

"Dream of Threes" (2003)

This dream I had three years ago. It has never left my mind.

It started with me in what appeared to be a school bathroom. I was standing at the door, and I looked down to my right. I saw a woman lying on the floor, against the wall, and she was bleeding vaginally. A second later, my older sister came into the bathroom and told me that the woman on the floor had just given birth to triplets.

Then, I flashed to a scene sometime later, still in the same bathroom, in which someone else was giving birth to triplets,. But rather than a grown woman this time, it was a baby--yes, a baby--giving birth to triplets. I watched as this child cried out in pain, while one by one, the triplets, about as big as she was, were delivered.

Then came the final scene. In this one, both my sisters and I were in the bathroom together, where my younger sister had just given birth to triplets--two boys and a girl--who, fresh out of the womb, had already begun to walk. My sister had, for some reason, decided to write the children's names on them. I don't remember either of their names anymore, as it's been three years since I had this dream, but at the time, I remembered seeing the boys' names very clearly, one of whose name began with M. But I could never see the girl's name.

Eventually, the dream ended.

I am truly convinced that this was a strong prophetic dream about my sisters and me. And after three years of thinking about it, I think I may know what this dream is saying--at least one part. I still can't figure out what the bleeding woman or the baby having other babies meant, but I am positive that the third scene had something to do with my sisters and me. I have reason to think that the dream may have foretold motherhood for all three of us. And here's why:

--In the dream, my younger sister gave birth to two boys and one girl, but even as they came from the same womb, I don't believe they were all hers. In real life, each of my sisters has a son, both of whom were born after I had the dream.

--The name of one of the boys in my dream started with M. Soon after I had the dream, my younger sister found out she was pregnant with her son, whose name starts with M. A year after my first nephew was born, my older sister became pregnant with her son. I thought back to all this, and that's how I concluded that the other boy in the dream was my older sister's.

--Not only did identifying the boys help me realize the girl in the dream was mine, but also the fact that she was the triplet whose name I didn't see. If she was mine, then I wasn't meant to see her name. I have yet to become pregnant with my first child, but I've always felt that I would have a girl first.

However, since I don't have a child, there still lies a possibility that maybe the girl triplet in my dream didn't represent an actual child at all. Perhaps the baby was symbolic of something else--some new gift, idea, or potential.

Although I still can't make sense of the first part, I'm fairly certain that the woman bleeding on the floor was my mother. The woman in the dream had given birth to triplets. In waking life, my mother had five children, including the three of us girls. And, all three of us were in the dream together. It seems like an obvious connection to me...

There's still a lot to look at here. It's taken me three years so far to interpret part of it, and it will probably take three more years to get all of it.

No comments: